- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Butter, unsalted
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk (if needed, if batter seems a bit dry)
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Coconut sugar
- 3 whole Eggs, Pastured
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Arrowroot Starch
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine dry ingredients (flours, baking soda, salt).
- In a small mixing bowl beat eggs, butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and beat with hand mixer until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, drop balls of cookie dough, about a tablespoon in size (flatten slightly – they don’t flatten on their own).
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Let cool on wire cookie racks. Makes approx 24-36 cookies.
*Variation: update, January 21st – I ran short of almond flour, so replaced 1/2 cup I was missing with arrowroot starch/powder (I use this in combination with almond flour for the paleo bread I make for my sons). I found it make the baked cookie quite nice.