These cupcakes are a variation of Elana Amsterdam’s “Cream-Filled Chocolate Cupcakes” from her book Gluten-free Cupcakes, in a mini-muffin form. Makes about 35-40 mini-cupcakes.
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda (I use the 1/2 tsp and 1/4 tsp to measure accurately)
- 6 eggs
- 3 tbsp almond oil (or other light, unscented Paleo-friendly oil)
- 2 tbsp palm oil (it’s red!!)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 honey
– Preheat oven to 350 degree.
– Mix the coconut flour, cocoa powder, sea salt and baking soda in one bowl.
– Mix the eggs, oil, honey and maple syrup in a second bowl.
– Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Mix well with whisk.
– Pour into mini-muffin paper or silicon cups in a mini-muffin tin. (Optional – sprinkle a few mini chocolate chips on top of each cupcake)
– Bake for 14 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean. 18-22 minutes for full-sized cupcakes.