Bunless Homemade Burgers
- 1lb/454grams ground meat (any of the following – chicken, turkey, beef, bison, venison, ostrich)
- 1 small white or yellow onion, skin off, grated fine
- 1 cup bread crumbs (homemade or store-bought, or finely crushed taco or potato chips)
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- handful of fresh or dried herbs like parsley, sage, rosemary, oregano, basil, thyme, marjoram (play with combos of these)
- 1 heaping teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- optional spices – cumin, garlic powder, fresh garlic (2 cloves, finely minced), paprika, chili powder
- Lettuce leaves (Romaine, Red or Green-leaf – you want large leaves for holding the patties)
- Optional veggies to add to your burger: tomato slices, avocado slices, sprouts (alfalfa or sunflower), sauteed red onion, sauteed mushrooms, bell pepper, hot peppers, or others that you love in a regular burger.
- Mayonaise, or other condiments, such as ketchup, mustard, relish.
- Sliced cheese (for melting on patties)
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Use your hands or a spoon to thoroughly mix.
- Form six or seven patties.
- Cook on bbq or on stovetop in a frying pan, for seven to 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Lay a large leaf of lettuce on a plate. Spread any condiments onto leaf. Place a cooked patty onto leaf, and top with other veggies. Top with another large leaf. Wrap loosely. Consume (messy but tasty!).